We are finally enjoying some lovely sun, which is good for the children’s health as long as we work together on a few things to keep everyone safe and well.
At nursery we are going to encourage children to:
• Wear a hat when they play outside. We have hats at nursery. Your child is welcome to bring a hat from home – please make sure it is marked with their name.
• Play in the shade – under trees and our covered areas.
• Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated and cool.
You can help:
• Dress your child in loose cotton clothes.
• Protect their shoulders and necks – that means no vest tops or sundresses, please. T-shirts and short-sleeved dresses are fine.
• Apply sunscreen (factor 15+) before they come to nursery.
• Talk to your child about resting when they feel too hot and finding shade.
• Make sure your child has spare clothes and spare underwear, as children will get wet and need changing if they are playing in the water outside. If you would like your child to have a swimming costume then please bring one in, marked with your child’s name.
• Sandals with straps are fine in the hot weather but no flip-flops please as they don’t protect children’s toes and they don’t have enough grip for climbing
Thanks for your help with this. If you have any questions or worries, then please speak to your child’s key person.
Sheringham Summer Party Friday 19th July 10am-2pm
Come dressed in your cultural party clothes and enjoy sharing food together.
Please can you bring something traditional and healthy that you love to eat as a family to share with everyone?) **no nuts please because of allergies **
• Bouncy Castle
• Face painting
• Arts and Crafts
• Mehndi tattoos
• And more!
Julian Grenier, headteacher